14 Easy Ways to Practice Self-Care
More often than not, our environment, our responsibilities and even society can put a great amount of pressure in our life. It can get really frustrating when these burdens accumulate and make us feel trapped and worn out. Sometimes we feel the need to escape from our life, even if its just for a couple of minutes.
There are things that are under our control, like the way we react to stressful situations. But sometimes, we lose our minds and give in to the stress, allowing tension and anxiety to govern our mind and body. Trust me, this happens to almost everyone. And it’s thanks to those experiences that I’ve learned some valuable lessons about taking control of my situation. I’ve noticed that when I haven’t been resting properly or drinking enough water, my mind starts to fog and my body feels like its full of heavy stones. Sometimes, working out too frequently contributes to my gloomy state. And when I eat healthy, drink water and stop putting some much pressure to get things done, I actually feel happy and productive in my day to day activities.
So, instead of allowing external factors to underwrite our physical and mental situations, we need to realize that the power to heal, smile, breathe and enjoy life comes from our individual actions and attitudes. That’s why I wanted to share some easy ideas on ways you can start practicing a self-care routine in different areas of your life.
1. Write down what you’re feeling.
It doesn’t matter if it’s on a notebook, a random piece of paper or even an app on your phone, just get it out. This helps put everything on perspective and avoid bottling all those emotions and feelings.
Find a quite space where you can be alone and without distractions. Taking some time to empty your mind can help you have more clarity to face your issues and make more sound decisions.
3. Speak up.
Stop holding on to negativity and keeping quiet about how you’re feeling. Bottling up can do so much harm for both your mental and physical health. You can directly talk to the person involved in your distress or if for some reason you feel you can communicate with them, then seek out a therapist, a close friend or a family member you trust.
4. Encourage yourself.
Every day tell yourself lovely and inspiring words. You don’t need to wait for someone else to show you your value and beauty. Self-love is the most important action you can take towards establishing a sustainable and strong self-care routine.
5. Stay Curious.
What you feed your mind has a great impact on how you feel. That’s why it’s so important to read, listen and watch instructive and inspirational content. It’s okay to watch a cheesy movie or read a silly romance novel once in a while, but don’t neglect deep subjects that nurture your mind and soul.
6. Organize your life.
There are two important aspects that impact your day to day life: your home and profession. And you need to sort them out in a way that allows them to become organized and efficient as well as bring joy to your life.
-Declutter and clean your house, decorate your space, make it cozy and relaxing.
-Write down your daily to do, plan out your week, budget, track your expenses.
Even though some of these things seem dull, they are an essential part of life and the sooner you learn to take care of this priorities, the faster you’ll achieve a more balanced and happier lifestyle.
7. Don’t pressure yourself.
If today you’re not feeling the best, learn to take some time off without feeling guilty. Learn to listen to your mind and body. Sometimes you need to allow yourself to say no to things and people that drain your energy and make you feel exhausted.
8. Cut out negative people.
The environment has a significant impact in how you perceive and feel about life. And if you’re constantly letting negative, toxic, pessimistic and selfish individuals influence you, whether that’s in person or online, you are never going to enjoy a happy, joyful and positive life.
9. Find people to connect with.
Loneliness and isolation can make you feel worthless and unlovable. You need to connect with people that share your values and can support your dreams and ideas. Sometimes finding them can be a tough experience, accompanied by mistakes and wasted time. Don’t get discouraged, eventually you’ll find happy and kind people that’ll make you feel welcomed and appreciated.
10. Discover new places around you.
Going out and exploring your local town or taking a road trip to a place you’ve always wanted to go can be so refreshing and relaxing. Traveling opens your mind and let’s you live new experiences. You never know where your new favourite coffee shop may be if you don’t go out and try something new.
11. Eat Healthy Balanced Meals. Food fuels your body. If you eat crappy, processed food every day, your body will feel like a drag. A colourful, organic, natural diet full of fruits and vegetables can do wonders for your physical health. Always keep balance of your protein, fats and carbohydrate consumption and tailor your food to your personal needs. It’s also important to consume enough water and when needed supplement accordingly.
12. Get Moving. Physical activities not only help maintain a healthy weight, they’re also a great way to de-stress and detoxify. Move your body, whether its running, dancing, yoga, weightlifting, walking or any other form of activity you prefer, your body will thank you if you keep full of life.
13. De-stress. Implement a de-stress routine like lighting candles, having a spa day, listening to music, reading at night, journaling, sleeping or anything that helps you unwind after a long exhausting day.
14. Medical Checkups. Sometimes your bad days can be caused by underlying health issues. It’s important to regularly visit a doctor and get a proper examination. Check your hormone levels, blood pressure, weight, eyesight as well as dental and mental evaluations. No matter what you do in life, if you’re not healthy everything will seem pointless and tiring. Your health should always be the most important aspect of your self-care routine.
There you go, guys. This are my 14 easy ways to practice self-care. I know there are more aspects than the ones mentioned in this post, so be sure to live some ideas on how you practice self-care, down in the comments. Don’t forget to like and share this post if it was valuable to you. Thank you for reading.
Until next time.
Copyright © Faërie Lifestyle. All rights reserved