"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall."
F. Scott Fitzgerald
If you've been reading my blog for a while, or following me on social media, you probably know that I have a deep love for Autumn. I talk about it all year round and I'm always wishing I could live in place where it's always Autumn.
Today, I thought I would shed some light on the multiple reasons why I actually love it so much. This is the moment you've all been waiting for (not really, but let's pretend). Here are a few reasons why I love the Autumnal season.
Favourite Things About Autumn
1. The weather feels perfect all the time. It's not too cold or too hot. You feel a slight chilled breeze as the wind sweeps by. You get rainy evenings and beautiful mornings.
2. The sky looks more beautiful during Autumn. Right before sunrise and just as the sun is setting you get to witness a real-life painting. It's breathtaking.
3. I love wearing coats, jumpers and boots. The fashion options for Autumn are my favourite. I love the fabrics I get to wear, the colours and shades I can play with, and the way I can layer and combine different pieces.
4. My state of mind shifts completely. While on the Summer I was struggling with the heat and couldn't find any motivation to be productive, as soon as the calendar turns to the first day of Autumn, I'm the most productive and hard-working person alive.
5. I spend more time cooking and baking during Autumn than any other time of the year. I love making chili, cookies, breads, soups and all sorts of comfort food.
6. Autumn is perfect to get in bed, turn the lights off and watch horror films. If it's a rainy evening, then it gets a thousand times better. I just love spooky season!
7. All the best TV shows return during Autumn. I get to spend my nights watching my favourite series and just relaxing.
8. Halloween. I don't need to explain this one.
9. The cutest stationery and office supplies are all around. Even though I finished school so long ago, I'm still a huge lover of all things stationery. So, I like to take advantage of this time to purchase some cute stuff.
10. The overall mood of the season implies change, new beginnings and closing the year with an onward hope for better things to come.
11. Watching tons of cheesy Hallmark movies set in small towns where life is peaceful and quite. All the townspeople are cordial, happy, and love to participate in seasonal events and festivities. I love them!
12. Something in my mind always relates October with Harry Potter, so I like having a Harry Potter movie marathon during this month. I mean, I have Harry Potter movie marathons throughout the year, but during Autumn it feels more special.
13. A new season of SNL. I always get excited to see the new cast members, what new characters will the writers introduce, and what jokes are going to become staples throughout the season.
14. Getting to redecorate and organize my home. Forget Spring Cleaning. Autumn Cleaning is where it's at. I like to redesign my living space and office during this season so when the Holidays arrive, I have a fresh space.
15. Autumn is a time of reflection. In a way, it feels like things are coming to an end soon, so instead of leaving it all for the New Year, it feels better to start a lifestyle and mindset refresh and realignment with enough time. I love setting seasonal goals that will prepare and help me to start the next year with a different and better attitude.
I could probably come up with even more reasons, but I think you get it now. Let me know in the comments down below if you're also obsessed with Autumn. Share what are some of your favourite things and memories about the season. I would really love to know.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Once again, thank you so much for reading. Don't forget to like and share it.
Until next time.