Updated: Feb 23
Hello and welcome to Blogtober Day 12. Today's post is something I've been wanting to do for so long and that is The Ultimate Harry Potter Tag.
Like many of you, I consider myself a Potterhead. I truly love the story, the characters, the books and the movies. You will often see me having real-life discussions about things relating to Harry Potter. Long story short, I love everything about it and today I thought I would let the world know I truly mean it.
This tag was inspired by The Ultimate Harry Potter Tag that I found on a site called Peace-Love-Veggies. You can check out the post here. However, I decided to modify it a bit by leaving out the Would You Rather section, as well as a few questions and including others from The Harry Potter Tag that I found on a blog called Jenny in Neverland. I sorted them into categories, reorganized them, and made sure there weren't any duplicates from both tags.
Now, let's get on with answering The Ultimate Harry Potter Tag
1. What house are you in?
The Sorting Hat put me in Ravenclaw.
2. What is your Patronus?
My patronus is a Mongrel Dog.
3. What is your wand?
My wand is an Alder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 12 ½" and suprisingly swishy flexibility.
4. What would your Boggart be?
When I was a kid, I was terrified of cockroaches. But now as an adult my biggest fear is when people are ignorant, misogynist and racist. So I'm guessing my boggart would look like a creature with the heads of Donald Trump & Mitch McConnell wearing Dolores Umbridge's pink outfit.
5. What position would you play in Quidditch?
I would love to be a Chaser or a Beater.
6. Would you be a pure-blood, half-blood or muggle born?
Half-blood for sure.
7. What job would you want to have after leaving Hogwarts?
I would love to work as the Editor for the Daily Prophet or create a new magazine/newspaper and be a writer. Also, a historian would be pretty cool.
8. Which Harry Potter book is your favourite?
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.
9. Which Harry Potter book is your least favourite?
Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix- only because I hated Dolores Umbridge so much that I couldn't bare to read the book. It took me months to finish it. I would get so angry at Umbridge and how evil she was that I had to put the book down.
10. Which Harry Potter film is your favourite?
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets
11. Which Harry Potter film is your least favourite?
Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince.
12. Which Harry Potter quote is your favourite?
"We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are." – Sirius Black (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix)
13. Which Weasley is your favourite?
Mrs. Weasley. She has the kindest heart.
14. Favourite Marauder?
15. Which female character is your favourite?
Luna Lovegood and Professor McGonagall
16. Which male character is your favourite?
Sirius Black and Hagrid.
17. Favourite teacher at Hogwarts?
Professor Flitwick and Professor Firenze.
18. Least favourite teacher at Hogwarts?
Professor Quirrell and Dolores Umbridge.
19. Least favourite/most hated character?
20. Which villain is your favourite?
He wasn't a serious villain but Gilderoy Lockhart is my favourite.
21. Which class would be your favourite?
Charms and History of Magic.
22. Which class would be your least favourite?
23. Which spell do you think would be most useful to learn?
Accio- I think it would make my life so much easier.
24. Which character at Hogwarts would you instantly become best friends with?
Hagrid to be honest. He is the best, a bit underrated in my opinion. But he was loyal, kind, and had the purest heart.
25. If you could own one of the three Hallows, which one would it be?
The Cloak of Invisibility.
26. If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be?
Dobby, because he was such a sweet creature and Sirius Black because it would have been amazing if Harry could have the chance to live with his Godfather and share so many incredible experiences.
27. Hallows or Horcruxes?
The Deathly Hallows.
28. What would you do if you had the Marauder’s Map?
Not sure. I could care less where people are so maybe I wouldn't use it. Unless I wanted to avoid someone.
29. What spell would you make up and what would it do?
Restoria: which would help me feel rested, like I slept 10 hours. Or Enduria to help me become physically stronger and fit so I could have more endurance to work out and not get tired super easily. Basically I would love to sleep like a baby but also be a beast at the gym.
30. Is there a character which you felt differently about in the movies vs. the books?
The twins. In the movies we don't get to see how brave, loyal and strong they actually are. They portrayed them as some goofballs who loved pranks and left school, when in reality they were passionate, creative, savvy and had so much integrity and love for their family. I also love their sense of humour in the books more than in the movies.
31. Is there a movie you preferred instead of the book?
The books are perfect.
32. Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
Richard Harris. In my opinion, Gambon's portrayal of Dumbledore is not like the character in the book. I always felt like he was a wise, mysterious and quirky old man, more like a funny grandpa. Somehow Gambon's seems too dramatic and dark.
33. Your top thing (person or event) which was not included in the movies that annoyed you the most.
In Order of the Phoenix, when Mr. Weasley was attacked by Nagini and then taken to St. Mungo's Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries. First, we don't see the Percy was rejecting the family drama and then the scene in the book where Harry finds Gilderoy Lockhart in a hospital ward and then they all see Neville and his Grandma in the same place and learned about Neville's parents and they all go visit them.
34. If you could remake any of the Harry Potter films, which would it be?
Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix. The book is filled with so many details and important information. The movie missed so much.
35. Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change?
No. J.K. Rowling wrote a perfect story and I love it so much. I hope she continues to expand it because there is still so much left unanswered and more room to tell new stories from the origins to what the future of the Wizarding World could be.
36. Which parts of the books/films made you cry?
When Dobby dies and when Harry returns to Hogwarts in Deathly Hallows and they all clap for him.
37. If you could meet any member of the cast who would it be?
Dame Maggie Smith. She is an iconic queen.
38. Have you played any of the video games?
Yes, I played Harry Potter: Hogwart's Mystery.
39. Were you happy with the ending?
Yes. The story is perfect as it is.
40. How much does Harry Potter mean to you?
Everything. You might think I'm an obsessed fan but this story has literally taught me how to be a good person, it has helped me get through some of the darkest moments of my life and has given me hope and light.
I open at the close.
Now it's your turn to answer the questions.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know in the comments down below if you love Harry Potter as much as I do. Don't forget to leave me a link to your posts if you end up answering The Ultimate Harry Potter Tag.
Thank you so much for reading.
Until next time.